[oletrucks] Stainless Fasteners

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Stainless Fasteners
From: "WR Teto" <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 12:51:23 -0500
I ran into a vendor at a local flea market this past weekend who was selling
stainless fasteners and
I bought a set for my Chevy small block V-8 buildup.  I also noticed he had
stainless hardware for
all kinds of vehicles including oletrucks.  I mentioned that I was working on a
'53 and he mailed me
a list of all the hardware he had available for it, including bed mount kits,
bumper kits, door
hinge bolts, inner fender kits, grill, hood, mirror, interior window trim kits,
etc etc.  He even
sells entire body kits for around $250/275 that include most everything
imaginable.  They're
available in button/flat socket head, hex head, and indented hex head (don't
know if this is what he
is calling clutch head).  You can purchase entire kits or any part of a kit.
No website available
(or e-mail either as far as I know), but he can be reached at:

Jim Gillen
Apple Valley Stainless Fasteners
13 Kirsi Circle
Westford, MA  01886

phone 978-692-2421
fax 978-692-8503

I don't have any financial interest in supplying this info to the group, but he
seemed like a decent
guy, and it might be a good source to add to your list of vendors dealing in
stuff for oletrucks.

BTW, the kit I purchased consisted of bolts and washers for valve covers,
intake, thermostat
housing, water pump (he has them for long or short versions), timing cover,
fuel pump, distibutor,
and oil pan.  Total cost was $21.95.

I'm sure if you call or drop him a note, he'll send you a list of items
available for whatever you
are building, and he has listings for all the oletruck years.

Wally / Templeton, MA