[oletrucks] Trailer Mishap

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Trailer Mishap
From: MPHUDAK@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 17:53:41 EST
Today my dad took the 54 down to get the exhaust system put on, it looks
awsome.  fentons dual all the way back. Well, that was great, set us back
360.00 but worth it.  Well, as we were leaving the muffler shop everything was
smooth, untill we had to stop.  My parents were a head of me with the 54 on a
trailer, one car between us then me in my F$rd.  Well dad had to make an abrupt
stop and the 54 didn't want to on the trailer.  Well, a 54 3100 sticking into
the tire assy on a F$rd bronco doesn't look very good.  We got traffic going
around us.  The Bronco couldn't move because if it turned would of destroyed
the tail gate on the bronco.  So we got creative to get the 54 out of the back
end of the bronco. First attempt was to try to lift/push the 54 front end back
on the front of the trailer. Ya right!!! Well, i ended up turning my Ranger
around, hooking a tow strap to the bumper and the other end to the 54.  A
friend hopped in the ranger, mom was in the 54 ready to hit the bra!
kes when it moved and dad and i were at the front of the 54 lifting/pushing
again.  It did it. We were able to get it back on properly.  Well the 54
survived, just a slightly tweeked front bumper that needs repainting(which we
just finished painting a month ago).  Well as for the tow vehicle( the
bronco)It needs a new spare tire cover, new spare tire carrier and some serious
body work to the tailgate, if not replaced.  All in all we faired pretty good.
Our biggest concern was the 54 not the 92 bronco.  Any one know of a source for
Tailgate skins for a F$rd Bronco??? I may be needing one.  Well, hopefully that
is the only trailering experience I have to encounter with the old trucks.  I
have had one jetski trailer, with jetski attached, flip while i was going 45mph
down the road, not fun.  Well things happen i guess.

Hudak
2-54 3100
57 3100