Re: [oletrucks] temp sender

To: guyf@waterford.org
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] temp sender
From: ldfinley@juno.com
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 15:21:28 -0600
If it's like my '51, basically, you don't disconnect it.  The wire is
actually a hollow tube that if severed, ruins the temperature gage.  The
temperature gage and the tube are a sealed unit.  You can bend it down,
along with the entire gage cluster, and then work on removing it from the
gage cluster underneath the dash, or disconnect it from the engine, and
pull the whole gage cluster and tube assembly out from underneath the
dash, and work on it in your garage.  They can be replaced if you break
it, but be prepared to shell out at least 100 big ones, if you ruin it,
like I did mine.

Like my brother and I always say.  "It's nothing money can't fix."

Larry
'51 3100 5 window
OkC, OK

-----