Re: [oletrucks] Square socket?

To: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Square socket?
From: "W&D" <haist@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 18:53:32 -0800
Okay, now that you've found the correct socket for the 1/2" square nut under
those running boards, you'll most likely find that the 1/4" carriage bolt
just turns and you can't get at the top side of it.

I've found that if you grab the flat sides of the nut with your vice grips
(handles down, in line with the bolt) really, really tight, you can get
enough movement on the 1/4" bolt to snap it off. Works every time.

Whitney Haist
CA