RE: [oletrucks] AD Spotted

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] AD Spotted
From: Robert Horvick <rhorvick@GreatPlains.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 14:51:02 -0600
Yes, they do all have them (at least everyone that I have been to which is
more then I care to think about).  Though not all that I have seen were
really complete (my wife spends more then her fair share of time at Old Navy
whenever we get out of Fargo!).  In fact this appears to be a corporate
branding strategy - you can buy model trucks (same blue), T-shirts with the
truck, etc.  The small die-cast truck is pretty cheap (we paid about $5 I
think) and has held up better then most other toy trucks my 3 year old has
gotten his hands on.

That said - this is my first post to the list - so far I've been pleasantly
surprised by the quality and quantity of discussion on the list as well as
the friendly advice that has been dispensed.  While my wife and I are still
looking for our first truck (shooting for a 5 window AD that runs but needs
lots of TLC).  I'm not technically (or mentally) ready for a frame-off
restoration but would love to find a driving diamond in the rough, re-build
a 350 in my garage and then drop it in one day and pray ... worst case I
pull it out, put whatever it had back in and chalk it up to experience! :)

Currently reading "How to rebuild your small-block Chevy" and "How to
restore your Chevy pickup" as well as a few books being used at a local
school for their low level auto mechanic classes.  Need to buy a rough short
block to start working on before I go nuts!

Great list - love the advice (even that which I can't use) - I'll go back to
lurking now...

Robert Horvick
Global Development Build Coordinator
Great Plains Software, Fargo ND