[oletrucks] Re: [babbet

To: "J Forbes" <jforbes@primenet.com>,
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: [babbet
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 20:13:37 -0800
I had a client who told me a funny story about babbet bearings.  When he was
a young guy, he had an old model A for his daily driver.  One of the crank
bearings wore down, and he didn't have the money to have it taken apart and
rebuilt.

He said an old mechanic took the oil pan off and trimmed a piece of leather
as a shim between the bearing and the crank.  He put it back together and it
ran for a long time like that without any problems.

Those must have been the good old days.

Regards,

Grant S.