Re: [oletrucks] radio speaker 12v vs. 6v

To: Martin@in4web.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] radio speaker 12v vs. 6v
From: GremlinGTs@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 09:29:29 EST
 I believe that 6 volt radio speakers are 4-ohm units, not the 8-ohm standard
of 12 volt. The 12 v speakers will probably work, but not as well due to the
higher resistance value. You won't hurt anything by using them, really. Since
I've never had a working 6-volt vehicle radio to play with ( well, I do have
an old Ford radio somewhere that says 6v on it, but I've never tried it ), I
don't know how well it'll operate. good luck!

Jerry Casper
Woodbridge, VA