Re: [oletrucks] '58>'59 Upper Front Shock Mount

To: tim@route66autoclub.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] '58>'59 Upper Front Shock Mount
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 20:42:54 EST
In a message dated 3/25/00 8:11:12 PM Pacific Standard Time,
tim@route66autoclub.com writes:

> Does anybody have some words of wisdom regarding the Front Upper Shock
Mounts?
>   Any horror stories about the mount snapping and a brand new shock going
> into the ground or a tire?
>
>  These things seem to suffer from metal fatigue and then break off.  They
> were broke on my '58 when I got it and a PO welded them back together, on
the
> '59.
>
>  Would a off road or 4x4 store have a replacement that won't break?
>
>  TIA
>  Tim

  All my shock mount's (upper/lower, front and rear) were broke off at the
threads when I got my '59.

  I rigged up some 1/2inch grade 5 bolts w/spacers, flat washers and nuts.
I've got probably 10-12K miles on them, mainly highway/street driving, and
they're all still okay.

  Mike