[oletrucks] Minera Wells, Tx Swap meet last weekend and Yesterday's Chev

To: "'oletrucks'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Minera Wells, Tx Swap meet last weekend and Yesterday's Chevys
From: "Schorn, Tim" <SchornT@ci.fort-worth.tx.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 09:41:56 -0600
Hi Guys,
    Wanted to let everyone know that the 12th annual Mineral Wells swap was
better than ever this last weekend. Tons of old truck stuff both AD and TF.
This meet is generally smaller, taking me about an hour to walk through
without stopping to talk too much. Not really worth the price of plane fare
but the 80 deg weather made for a beautiful drive both ways and a bit of a
sunburn too!!
     I stopped by Marvin's booth at Yesterdays Chevy Trucks (on our vendor
list) and wanted me to tell everyone thank you for all the great support you
have given his business since I had him added on the vendor list last year!!
He is going to expand his operation to include the later model trucks
sometime this summer. His new facility will be located north of Waco on
Interstate 45.
    To really round out the trip I crossed the street and entered the
airport where a SCCA race was taking place and got a ride in a BSP-prepared
Datsun 260Z race car. What a treat for an old truck guy!! Then I headed back
through Weatherford, stopping at a great nursery and tree farm called Willow
Lake on Hwy 180. It was a fantastic trip!!!

          Tim '50 Chev 1/2t dlx