Re: [oletrucks] undercoating removal-fenders

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] undercoating removal-fenders
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 23:20:07 -0600
I would even go further and eliminate chemicals of ANY kind. I have heard
from some of my other resources (like autorestorers.com) that chemicals get
into the weld seams and you simply cant get it out.. ever! So, after awhile,
the chemicals go to work on the paint from the inside and there is a good
chance of ruined or at least lessening the life of the paint job. Armed with
this info, I only dry strip. Bead blast all the small parts, dry strip (and
when the company doesnt do a good enuf job) RE-dry strip using a siphon
sandblaster and number 4 fine sand. There isnt any place I cant get to and
once cleaned I feel absolutely confident the job is ready for priming. Side
benefit is no caustic fumes and no mess that a shop vac cant handle. I am
sure this is all a matter of preference but as a novice at this, I try to
research these issues as thoroughly as possible.

Deve
50 3100
49 3600
www.speedprint.com/Deves50/index.html