RE: [oletrucks] power steering on 4x4 '54

To: "'Brager Family'" <backhome@whidbey.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] power steering on 4x4 '54
From: "Peters, Jon C" <jpeters@sikorsky.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 12:04:00 -0500
Todd,

Question: is it a 3/4 ton 2wd or 4wd front-end? I ask this because the 76
4x4 has a leafsprung axle, why would you have to extend the frame? Couldn't
you just relocate the spring perches (on the axle) to match the old trucks
springs? A kit exists to mount late model (73' thru 87') C-10/20 power
steering onto the AD and TF trucks. The steering sector (box) is the same on
the 1/2T 4x4 is it the same as the 3/4T trucks? If it is the kit might be
what your looking for.

Jon C Peters