[oletrucks] Rusty Stainless

To: Oletrucks Board <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Rusty Stainless
From: B&A Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 22:51:16 -0600 (CST)
Had they been shined up with a wire wheel or wire brush?  If you go over
stainless with a regular wire wheel or wire brush, bits of carbon steel get
imbedded in the surface and will rust.  They make stainless wheels for wire
brushing stainless for this reason.  Same with the steel wool.  Use a light
sandpaper instead or one of those 3M plastic mesh thingys.

Otherwise, take a magnet to it.  If it sticks hard, it's probably not
stainless.

Bruce Kettunen
Metallurgist
57 3200