Re: [oletrucks] members photo

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] members photo
From: "ROGER GLEASON" <rogerg@maverick.facil.uconn.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 11:42:12 -500
My Dad had one just like it and I remember it well I learned to drive
on it and broke both rear axles popping the clutch... Dad said it was
used to haul stones and the breaks appeared to be old so it wasn't my
fault! We replaced them with ones salvaged from a 51 chevy torpedo
back.. I know his was a 46 I have pictures We painted it blue and
used it to haul the race cars in 1964 to 1966.. I was much younger
then.
To Wally from Mass I will be at the Stafford Springs swap meet sunday
morning.. Look for a bearded guy 50 ish with a #81ss in red letters
on a black hat although I hear its going to rain some I plan on
attending.
Rogerg

snip
> To:            oletrucks@autox.team.net
> From:          Wayne Osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
> Subject:       [oletrucks] members photo
snip

> We've all seen the threads on with the subject line "What year it is 41-46".
> Well Jim House is going through this dilemma of identifying the year of
> his oletruck. His title says its a 46 but list members believe it is maybe
> a 42 or 43. What we go through for our toys-Well here is the photo of it
> and it has been added to the member page as well.....

snip