Re: [oletrucks] Master Cyl Swap

To: MKlepp4335@cs.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Master Cyl Swap
From: Brad Newman <bkn6@airmail.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 12:48:52 -0500
MKlepp4335@cs.com wrote:

> Is there a bolt in dual circuit master cylinder swap for my '48 3100?
> assume an adapter bracket is required, but what are the sources?  I am
>
> running stock drum brakes, but would like to have the piece of mind
> that a
> dual circuit master cylinder would provide.
> Thanks,
> Mike Klepp
> '48 3100
> Wichita Falls, TX
> 1959

   Mike
In the May edition of Classic Trucks, Engineered Components, Inc out of
Vernon, CT (860-872-7046) offers both an adapter plate for a manual dual
m/c ($64.95), and a power brake conversion ($375.00) for both AD and TF
trucks. The power brake conversion looks pretty sharp; it includes a new
dual m/c, 7" booster, mounting bracket and hardware, but seems a bit
pricey. Both of their kits bolt into the original location, and both use
the stock pedal.
Has anyone tried either of these products, or know anything about ECI?
Brad