Re: [oletrucks] Faster Signal Light...more bulbs, blinks faster...

To: fordfalcon@juno.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Faster Signal Light...more bulbs, blinks faster...
From: GremlinGTs@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 08:02:32 EDT
 I've also noticed that when I'm using tow lights hooked up to my '74 Chevy
truck, they'll blink faster...apparently the higher load makes the relay
switch quicker. So, either you need a flasher with a lower capacitance
rating(?), or you could add side marker lights. That gets me to thinking,
that if you place a resistor in series with the light bulb, I wonder if it
would help speed it up more by adding more resistance to the circuit? I know
that they make "heavy duty" flasher relays for towing, but I think that just
allows  for more light bulbs, so it'll blink slower with just the normal
bulbs in the circuit. Never really spent any time on that "problem", lol.
  Old trucks have clunky old relays, anyway, so upgrading to a newer one will
probably get you a faster blinking rate no matter what. Couldn't hurt to try
it, anyway. They're pretty cheap.

Jerry Casper
Woodbridge, VA
55 2nd Chevy Suburban