Re: [oletrucks] early 235

To: "Brad Newman" <bkn6@airmail.net>, "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] early 235
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 07:49:20 -0700
Brad, the difference, I think, is that the early 235s had splash oiling and
babbet bearings.  Patrick's has a great guide in his catalogue for
identifying the full pressure engines.

Basically, full pressure and insert bearings start with 53 powerglide
engines.  In 54 they all went to full pressure and inserts.  In 55, the
flywheel changed to a fine tooth pattern, for which it is easier to find a
ring gear, if you need to replace.  (I went to a fine gear on my 54 with no
problems, just had to change the starter gear too.)

Regards,

Grant S.