Re: [oletrucks] Battery relocation on TF truck

To: J & M Street <jmstreet@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Battery relocation on TF truck
From: ADvent@thuntek.net
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 18:41:35 -0600
I would only inside mount it if i had an explosion proof (for a battery, not
a bomb) box to fully contain the battery contents if you happen go get into
a nasty wreck or you alternator decides to over charge the batter until it
gasses. batteries give of h2so4 which is hydrogen sulfide and it acts as a
anethsesia, so you no longer will smell it after awhile and you'll think
everything is ok and all of a sudden, you drop over from h2so4 poisoning. WE
had gas masks and h2s alarms, when it got over a certain cocintration, the
alarms went off and it was time to wear gas masks. This was on some drilling
rigs i wotrked on in okla