Re: [oletrucks] Side-Mount Spare

To: Tom3600@webtv.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Side-Mount Spare
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 05:56:02 EDT
>  Does anybody know what side of the early AD 1947-1950 3600 pickups that
>  the side mount spare is supposed to be on?

Trick question.  The sidemount spare was introduced in 1953.  According to
ENGINEERING FEATURES for 1953 it went on the driver's side.  I've also seen
it on both sides on supposedly "original" trucks.  Moving to the 1953 MASTER
PARTS CATALOG, group 8.203 is rear fender.  part 3702885 is left fender with
tire well.  It is listed as 1953 only.
Bob ADler