Re: [oletrucks] 12 to 6 volt heater resistor

To: ADvent@thuntek.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 12 to 6 volt heater resistor
From: Bill Bailey <billb@gamewood.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 13:54:31 -0400
Voltage does not "pass" through a resistor, current passes through a resistor.
When
current passes through a resistor, voltage is "dropped" across the resistor,
thus
reducing the available voltage from the supply by whatever is dropped across the
resistor.
It's all explained at

http://members.tripod.com/~oltruck/elec/basicdc.htm

Bill Bailey