Re: [oletrucks] [Fwd: Help]

To: Ben Bennett <greyhawk2@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] [Fwd: Help]
From: Brad Newman <bkn6@airmail.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 22:20:54 -0500
> Ben

I'm not sure about the TF trucks, but a buddy of mine put the rear end
from a 79 Blazer in his 55 1st and it was almost an exact fit (3:73
gears). Evidently, these rear ends were the same from around 75-83, so
any of them should work. If you want to keep the 6 bolt pattern, you
have to find a 4X4 rear ..................... the 2wd's had 5 lugs.
Another bonus, according to him, is that while they are still drums, the
newer brakes are far superior to the older stock brakes.
On the AD trucks, a few modifications have to be made to the perches,
but we had it installed in less than an hour (he didn't have a bed on at
the time), and I think it cost him around $100. Again, I don't know much
about the TF trucks like yours, but I would think it would be a good
swap.
Brad