Re: [oletrucks] Heater Control Valve

To: "dph55@pdq.net" <dph55@PDQ.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Heater Control Valve
From: ADvent@thuntek.net
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 08:50:16 -0600
I would not exceed the pressure rating for the system. 20 pounds is way too
much.
Newer cars and trucks have 16 pound systems. Our older trucks are 4 or 7 pound
systems. You are asking for trouble using pressure like that. Our old trucks
were
not made to handle that kind of pressure. In my old shop, I wouldn't even
pressure
test a system up to its cap rating. pressure testing like that can create
problems
that you are trying to prevent. Leaks may not show up under water. Watch the
pressure guage and at 7 pounds, it should bleed down about a ½ pound or less a
minute or two.