Re: [oletrucks] Air Compressors

To: deve@wwwebservice.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Air Compressors
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 16:48:10 EDT
In a message dated 4/27/00 1:44:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
deve@wwwebservice.net writes:

> I am having this annoying problem with my 6-1/2 horse, 60 gallon, 120 psi
>  single stage air compressor. The problem is not enough air! Whenever I am
>  running the blast cabinet, or a die grinder or air drill, the maximum I can
>  maintain with the compressor running non-stop is 60 psi. This makes for a
>  lot of wasted time. I also worry about how long the compressor will last
>  since I spent 6 days at 10 hours a day sandblasting where the thing never
>  shut off.
>
>  So, my question before I am forced to go drop $1300 on a 2 stage 7 1/4
horse
>  that I understand will maintain at least 90 is.....
>
>  Is it possible to buy another single stage identical to the one I have,
hook
>  them together with one airline sharing both units and get twice the
>  capacity? That would cost me only another $400. If so, what are the
problems
>  with doing this?
>
>  Thanks again!
>
>  Deve

  Yes, you can do it, not sure how the CFM would be figured exactly, but my
Dad and I do this whenever we blast from a pressure blaster.
  Just make sure that the tanks are rated the same.  Don't wanna be putting
175lbs into a tank with a 150lb ratings, probably be okay, but don;t take the
chance.....just adjust the pressure switch to match the lowest rated tank
setup.

  Mike