[oletrucks] Replacing Wood bed

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Replacing Wood bed
From: "Steven R. Goss" <Steve@AZscholarships.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 17:45:49 -0700
Hello fellow ole truckers,

Since I am new at this and rather excited about the prospect of
restoring my 55 series 2,  I am need of your advice again. So far I have

got the horn, the hand throttle, and the original radio working... which

none of these have operated in the last 30 years. Thanks to many of your

emails.

Now I am in the process of replacing the bed with a oak replacement bed
from American truck classics. I ordered the stainless steel center
strips and the stainless  corner strips (unfortantly I was not aware
that
the old ones are welded on).

Is there anything I should keep in mind when I replace this? Also how
hard is it to replace the edge strips with stnls stl strips?

Since I have the bed off I would like to clean up the rusted frame
underneath. Is there a efficient way to do this?  Here in Arizona rust
is not really a problem. Any suggestions?

Also... I need to fix the switch and cables for the deluxe heater. How
do you access this to work on it. I removed the two screw that hold the
control plate in but it seems to hang up trying to pull it out.

Steve

--
Steven R. Goss
Arizona Scholarship Fund