Re: [oletrucks] 58 GMC 3/4 ton fleetside

To: "larry jones" <lajones@uswest.net>, "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 58 GMC 3/4 ton fleetside
From: "Blaine & Maggie Dumkee" <bmdumkee@auroranet.nt.ca>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 21:18:59 -0600
I don't believe that the 3/4 ton actually refers to a 3/4 of a ton load
capacity, maybe at one time.

I checked my owners manual and new model information manual for my 59 GMC
and could not find a curb weight.  I can't see how it could weigh 5000 lbs
though, my 98 Suburban has a curb weight of just under 5000 lbs. Yes, they
do build things lighter but look at all that extra glass, extra seats and
options.

Blaine Dumkee
Fort Smith NT
Canada