[oletrucks] 70 Chev 3/4t to use on 57 3600

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 70 Chev 3/4t to use on 57 3600
From: "J Phipps" <phippsj@camalott.com>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 15:28:37 -0700
  I bought the 70 3/4t yesterday and was going to drive it home today (about
35 miles), nut it has a hole in one of the soft plugs behind the motor
mount, so I decided against it.  Don't want to risk overheating and damaging
something.  Anyway, the po is going to trailer it for me and drop it off.  I
want to thank everyone for all the good advice.  Looks like the engine will
need a rebuild, as it burns a little oil (blue smoke).  May only be valves,
but I want to rebuild it for the experience anyway.  The outside
measurements on the rear tires is about 75" on the original rear end with 60
series tires, and about the same with the 70's 16" tires, so the rear end
should also swap ok.  Now I need to get the 282 engine out of my garage and
off the engine stand so I can get started.  Now the fun begins!  Thanks
all!!