[oletrucks] Brighter bulbs?

To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Brighter bulbs?
From: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 20:58:18 -0500
Last night as I was cruising down the interstate, I was pulled over by a
state trooper, who informed me that my tail lights could hardly be seen.
This was somewhat alarming, as I had just bought all new lights and blue dot
lenses, wired them up for blinkers, and thought everything was OK.

Question:  Since each tail light has one bright bulb with a single filament,
and one bulb with 2 filaments (one bright filamaent and one dim filament),
how do I distribute the two brights and one dim?  Right now I have the tail
light on the dim one, so that the brake lights and blinkers show up much
brighter.  Any other arrangement makes either the brake lights or blinkers
not show up, due to the brightness of the tail lights.

I hope this makes sense to someone out there.  I guess it could just be that
these small lights don't show up as compared to the bigger tail lights of
today's cars.  Is there possibly a 2-filament bulb available that has 2
brights instead of a bright and a dim?  Or am I going to have to give up my
cool original tail lights with the blue dot lenses, and take a safer route?
Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks as always!

Smokey Culver
'50 3600 5-window (mine)