Re: [oletrucks] Rear Shackles

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Rear Shackles
From: "Woody" <woodrow@isomedia.com>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 20:22:18 -0700
Alan,
You need to replace the frozen bushing with a new shackle and bushing kit.
both sides and the front of the springs should be done at the same time.
This is how your springs are allowed to flex and move during operation.  If
they are frozen, eventually the spring mounts will break.  These kits are
available from most of the old truck suppliers, and also from some parts
stores, ( NAPA, etc.).  They can also be found at shops that specialize in
making new springs for cars and trucks.

Woody
53 GMC
Carnation, Wa.