Re: [oletrucks] Advice on restoration

To: Steve@AZscholarships.org, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Advice on restoration
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 23:26:16 EDT
Steve@AZscholarships.org writes:

> Hi All,
>
>  I am hoping to restore my 55 series 2 deluxe cab to pretty much original
>  condition so that one day that I can pass it to my sons like my
>  grandfather passed it to my dad and then he to me.
>
>  The body is in fare condition with some rust that I minimized 30 years
>  ago with with either patch plates or some bondo. The Body obviously is a
>  little rippled. The frame has surface rust but nothing that has
>  sacrificed structual integrity.
>
>  I went down to a respectable restoration house that qouted me between 20
>  - 26 K for a full frame up restoration.
>
>  Is their another route that I should look at so that I can pass this
>  wonderful good running truck onto my kids. It is unfortnate that I have
>  no time to do a restoration. Time barely allows me to fix some of the
>  little things..
>

>  Steve

  Steve,

  There's only a few options...pay for the resto, or get quotes for partial
restoration/refurbication, or make time to do it yourself.

  You could take the quick and dirty approach...tell'em to spary over
evrything, slap some bomda on it and  and a $199.00 paint job, but all you
would really be doing is causing more work for your kids later on, if they
decided to do it up right.

  It sounds as if you're kids are young, maybe best to keep'er going as is
until they get old enough to grab an intrest in it themselves.

Mike