[oletrucks] chipped chrome

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] chipped chrome
From: Brad Newman <bkn6@airmail.net>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 17:31:40 -0500
I finally found some original rear bumper brackets for my 49 3100, and
today put on my rear bumper (still no bed). Unfortunately, when I
tightened up the bumper bolts, the chrome on my bumper cracked and
peeled around the outside bolt.
This bumper has been rechromed, although I had it done almost 2 years
ago when I first got the truck. Even though I just took it out of the
bag, I doubt I can return it (although I will try). This leads to my
question:

    Is there anything that can be put on the bumper where the chrome
peeled (about the size of a quarter) that will protect the metal
underneath, or should I start the search for a new bumper and/or chrome
guy? The spot doesn't look that bad, so if there is something that can
be done without major expense, I'm all for it.
Thanks for any help.
Brad Newman
49 3100 Deluxe
24 Chevy 1 ton