[oletrucks] Burnt Truck

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Burnt Truck
From: "Ron Duncan" <rondunc@webzone.net>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 08:28:14 -0500
My house just burnt down.  It started in the garage most likely from a water
heater.  Yes, my grandfathers 51 Chevy 1/2 ton truck was in there partially
restored.  Just about all of the metal was warped.  The garage door opener
fell on the cab and caved it in.  I drug it out of the garage with tears in
my eyes and put it in storage until I can get the house rebuilt.  I had just
updated the frame , suspension, disk brakes etc.  I am at a loss right now
as to what to do.  I have the VIN plate untouched by the fire.  I may just
pull all the metal back off and start over but am too overwhelmed to make
any hard decisions.  Several people have looked at it and said it would be a
lot cheaper to just buy another truck.  That is probably true, but my
earliest memories of this truck was sitting in my Papaw's lap steering that
truck when I was about 7 years old.  I am 55 now. Another truck just won't
do.

I think I am going to be in the market for a parts doner truck or two or I
could start buying cabs, fenders, etc.  Anybody got any ideas.  I need to
find parts pretty close to home.  I won't be able to afford big shipping
bills.

I have whined enough.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Ron Duncan
Tulsa, Oklahoma  74135
918-743-0230
rondunc@webzone.net