Re: [oletrucks] 3 speed problems

To: Dave Paulson <my51truck@eudoramail.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 3 speed problems
From: "Steven R. Goss" <Steve@AZscholarships.org>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 22:49:25 -0700
Hi Dave,

Ok.... Believe this or not. I have a 55 series 2 with a 235 and a 3 on the
tree. This was my granddads and then my fathers truck. I picked it up about 6
weeks back or so. On the drive home (about 350 miles) it started to kick out of
3rd gear about every mile or so. My dad told me that if it ever kicked out of
third gear all I needed to do was get the grease gun out and grease the linkage
zirks under in the engine compartment. Said that for 20 years or so that that
was a sure fire way for him to tell if his
mechanic did a good grease job.
I was about 100 miles into my trip when this started happening.  I stopped at a
truck stop at about 11 PM outside of Tonapah Arizona and had a mechanic do a
lube job. Within 35-40 miles the problem went away. I have driven the truck
about 2000 miles at this time and have not had the problem again. Though I have
been warned that I should probably grease it again within the next thousand. I
am sure this might be associated with wear and tear but it has remedied the
problem for 20 years or so.  Might be worth a
try. Just remember it takes a few miles before the problem goes away...

Steve

--
Steven R. Goss
Arizona Scholarship Fund