RE: [oletrucks] Tail light hookup

To: "'Charles Culver'" <sculver@iwl.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Tail light hookup
From: "Hanlon, Bill" <Bill.Hanlon@COMPAQ.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 13:15:43 -0500
I'm assuming that the truck you are talking about is your '50 model
and does NOT have factory turn signals in the steering column.  You
have done nothing "wrong", Juliano's just doesn't understand that the
brake light circuit doesn't go through the turn signal switch on your
truck.

This problem can be "fixed" by installing diodes in both the turn
signal and brake light circuits, but the diodes will drop about 6/10ths
of a volt, dimming the lamps.  How much dimmer is the question.  You
went to the halogens to get bright lights and this solution is
counter productive.