[oletrucks] rear axle won't come out

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] rear axle won't come out
From: jspoon@us.ibm.com
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 18:28:40 -0400

I am in the process of rebuilding the brakes on my 54 3100 and am removing
all the brake parts to clean the back plate.  Removing the axles in the
rear makes the back plates (is that the right term...) easier to clean.
Actually, I was going to remove the back plates too, but they seem to be
rivoted on!  I pulled the spacer and pinon gears and pushed in on the left
axle and the C clip dropped out.  Then I easily removed the axle.  This
foolishly led me to believe this was going to be a breeze...  Well, no
matter what I do, I cannot get the right axle to push in far enough to get
the C clip to come off the end of the axle.  I have jiggled, jerked in and
out, etc.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Internal: Jay Witherspoon/Austin/IBM@IBMUS     T/L 678-8822
External: jspoon@us.ibm.com     (512) 838-8822
numeric pages: 800-946-4646, pin 170-8857
text pages: 1708857@mobilecomm.net
    or: http://www.mobilecomm.com/message/