[oletrucks] Tail lights

To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Tail lights
From: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 04:59:57 -0500
I have about got that tail light thing figured out, as far as using 2
filaments for tail lights, turn signals and brake lights.  I believe Grant
Simmons has the answer, wiring the turn signal and the running lights to the
same filament.  Next question:  As it is now, I have one wire going to the
rear, splitting off to both tail lights.  Therefore, when I hook either turn
signal to the tail light wire, both lights blink.  I did, however, find an
old wire that is disconnected at the rear, which was once an individual tail
light wire.  The other end, at the fire wall, is split.  One goes to the
fuse, and the other is disconnected.  Hooking this wire up should give me 2
separate wires to the tail (running) lights.  Where should the loose end at
the firewall go?

Thanks, everyone, for all the responses.  I'll get this thing working yet.

Smokey Culver
'50 3600 5-window (mine)
'56 3600 (hers)
League City, Texas