[oletrucks] Pressure vs Siphon Blasting

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Pressure vs Siphon Blasting
From: Tom <tfvjr@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 20:52:03 -0400
Well, it's time to get the old ride OFF the blocks and into the garage
for some work!
I've been accumulating equipment and tools for some time now, and have
been warming
up the wife to the idea that her Jeep will be sharing it's floor space
with my '55-2 !!!
Here's the problem I'm looking for feedback on ...
I have a single stage 6.5hp 33 gallon compressor, and I want to do some
sandblasting on some
of my parts and panels (I have a bad back, and SANDING is bad for me).
Should I get a
small PRESSURIZED blaster (like Northern Hydraulics $149.00 model) or a
SIPHON type
rig (like Northern Hydraulics $49.00 model)...
What Pros or Cons have you guys got based on your experiences with these
type units?
Thanks in advance!
(AND for all the info I've gathered while lurking for the past 3
years!!! I've collected 397
messages that pertain to my project so far!!!!  You guys are the best
resource on the 'net!)

Tom Volpe
Monroe Ct.
'55-2nd