Re: [oletrucks] Air Compressor Update

To: "OLETRUCK list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Air Compressor Update
From: "Boteler Family" <boteler@olg.com>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 01:10:33 -0400
Here are a couple of tips....First regulate your air at the blaster to about
90 psi, any more just wastes air and shatters the sand on impact making it
less effective and not as sharp second time around if you recycle.  Second,
check your tank for condensation, you could have a couple of gallons of
water in the tank and not know it, which will reduce your reserve.  Third,
replace the tip when it gets to warn out.  I can tell when the compressor
can't keep up and I go through the sand real fast.  Forth, if the sand seems
to "pulse" out of the tip, close the metering valve, you are blowing to much
sand and it is not efficient.

I just have a 5hp 1750 rpm 220v single stage, twin cylinder Quincy on a 60
gal tank and when using a 1/8" tip on my TIP 99 (holds about 40 lbs)
pressure blaster my compressor will cut off while I am blasting.  I can get
about 20 min of straight blast time before needing to refilling the hopper.
Works for me!

Mike Boteler
'56 8400 Wrecker
Hughesville, Maryland