Re: [oletrucks] 216 Engine Swap Question

To: RadicicG@osc.army.mil, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 216 Engine Swap Question
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 06:52:46 EDT
Gary,
56 235 will bolt into a 50 without any problems.  You have to use the 50 bell
housing.  Flywheel and starter must match, so either use the 50 flywheel and
starter or the pair from the 56 if you plan to run 12 volts.  You need to use
the 56 carb  with its manifolds as it is larger.  Get a reworked water pump
from Patricks.
Bob ADler

>  I'm looking into replacing my none running 216 with a running '56 235
engine.
>  Are there any unique parts on the 216 that will not bolt up with the 235?
>  Question 1: Will the 216 3 sp trans bolt up to 235 bell housing/clutch?
or