Re: [oletrucks] AC for an AD

To: "Paul Blosser" <paulb@todays-tech.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] AC for an AD
From: ADvent@thuntek.net
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 14:18:51 -0700
I would encourage you to do installation yourself. It is a rewarding experience.
A grand sounds pricey to me for the installation.  It should take a day to
install if you stay at it..  Those vents use the old speaker grill for the air
ducts. The R134A is the best bet for the refrigerant. I might have me a 5 window
cab, soon and I am holding off installing AC into my '50. In my '48, I installed
the heater from a Hyundai. It would have gotten AC, but the parking brake handle
in the middle of the floor board prevented me from doing so. The Hyundia system
is boxy and compact. If I find an old AC equipped Hyundia for cheap, I just
might do some more serious measuring to see just how well the AC system fits.
The big advantage to the Vintage Air system is that you need to drill no holes
to install it. And its practically a bolt on system

--
New Mexico Jim
50 3100 ½ ton