Re: [oletrucks] turbo 350 linkage

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] turbo 350 linkage
From: TORODRVR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 11:01:30 EDT
In a message dated 05/28/2000 8:32:22 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
tasimmons@cbnn.net writes:

<< Also, does anybody have any ideas about hooking up a column shift (from
 > a Chevy van) to a TH 350 automatic transmission?  In the van, there is a
 > pivot bar that mounts between the frame and the tranny and as the sifter
 > moves a rod back and forth it causes this rod to pivot which in turn
 > engages the transmission gears.  One of the car magazines recently had
 > an article about using a B&M shift cable and adapting this to shift via
 > a cable.  Any other ideas?  What have you done?

I used the Kugel kit on my '48, but decided to go the cheap route on my '62.
I drilled a hole in the frame for the pivot rod to mount in, and cut and
welded the shift rod to get the right length. Cost? The parts came with the
donor car I got the engine from, and the welder was just sitting there
gathering dust.