Re: [oletrucks] RE: spindles

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] RE: spindles
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 15:53:37 -0700
I once got a tour of the Edelbrock plant in Torrance, CA.  I was interested
to learn that when they install the valve seats in their aluminum heads,
they freeze the seats as well as heating the heads.

If you had the spindle off the truck (perhaps during a front end rebuild),
you could do the same thing to buy a couple thousandths.  Put the spindle in
the freezer and put the disk adapters in the stove.

Regards,

Grant S.
54 3100 (getting there)
54 3100 (waiting to get there)