[oletrucks] '53 drive gear

To: oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] '53 drive gear
From: 237459N@knotes.kodak.com
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 08:37:31 -0400

From: W P. Fricke

I'm brand new to this list so forgive if this has been covered before.
I am trying to fix the speedo on my '53 1/2 ton pick-up. The cable is OK.
When I remove from the gauge end the spindle doesn't turn so I am thinking
its the drive gear mechanism at the tranny end. I haven't taken that apart
yet. A couple of questions:
Will I need to replace any gaskets?
How many teeth on the stock for a 235/granny 4 speed?
What should the teeth count be if running 15 inch wheels (255/60 15's to be
precise)?
Where can I get replacement drive gears?

Thanks,

Patrick
'53 3100 5 window, 4 on the floor