[oletrucks] GMC engine ID

Subject: [oletrucks] GMC engine ID
From: WILHELM GORDON <gvwilhelm@home.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 21:16:56 -0600
Does anyone know of a website where I can go to get GMC engine serial
number information?  I am still looking for information about the engine
that is in my '51 GMC 1/2 ton pickup.  The numbers are as follows:

The number 3836848 GM is cast on the top of the block just above the
intake/exhaust manifolds.   The number 3836340 (with "GM 1" just below)
is cast and found just below and in front of the distributor.
The number W7876 is stamped onto the block on a flat plate just behind
the distributor and finally the following is cast just above the
starter: CDN 4 (or CON 4) L164.

Please help!