Re: [oletrucks] Engine

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Engine
From: TORODRVR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 16:13:14 EDT
In a message dated 06/06/2000 9:05:57 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
Tom3600@webtv.net writes:

<< Will either of these engines "bolt in" like a 235 will in place of my
 216?  Or what are my options?

No, they won't bolt in, although you can make it work. A crossmember front
mount for a V-8 will work with the late model sixes, although you need the
mounts that go with the engine. I'm not sure about the clutch pedal. You may
have to adapt a hydraulic clutch to your truck. Throttle linkage is also
different, I think. I think the late model sixes are long enough to cause you
some radiator clearance problems, as well.
IMHO, now would be a good time to install a 700R4, since the overdrive would
REALLY help a 3600. My 305 was almost free since I bought the entire car with
usable throttle setup, transmission, engine and rearend. Any 305 or 350 would
provide adequate power, especially compared to the old 216/235.