[oletrucks] FW: TRUCK QUESTIONS

To: "Old Chevy Truck List" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] FW: TRUCK QUESTIONS
From: "Ron Ramirez" <ron@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 21:59:38 -0500
PLEASE reply to paulweise@hotmail.com , NOT to me or the list...thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: paul weise [mailto:paulweise@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2000 7:59 PM
To: ron@chevytrucks.org
Subject: TRUCK QUESTIONS

Good morning,
My name is Paul,  I have what I thought was a 1949 Chevy Pickup.  Through
some further research I think that I have a slightly later model.  The
serial number is 5kph15293.  I think that the truck is a 1952 1/2 ton pick
up.  In my research, the '52's have push button door handles, the CHEVROLET
emblem on the hood, cylinder type shocks, and a 90 mph speedo.  These are
options that my truck has.  The rest of the changes that were made in 52 are
hard to confirm because of the lack of restoration before I received the
truck.  The biggest reason that I am questioning this is because on the
title of the truck it is listed as a '49.  If you could please confirm this
I would greatly appreciate it.  I have started to order parts for the truck.
  I currently have a new wiring harness and master cylinder.  If this is a
52 are these compatible?  One more bit of info. I also think that this was
an Army truck.  On the inside of the firewall the letters and numbers;
U.S.A. 2440450 appear.  Does this mean anything to you?
If you could give me the information I would greatly appreciate it
Thank you for your time and help
Paul
e-mail: paulweise@hotmail.com  or   pandbweise@juno.com