Re: [oletrucks] 9 Inch Rearends

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 9 Inch Rearends
From: "WR Teto" <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 01:23:55 -0400
Mike, the Lincoln Versaille rear end has for years been the number one choice
for Chevelle owners
who want a direct swap for the disk brake setup.  Conversely, the Chevelle rear
end is pretty near
the same width as the AD.  I know this since I have both a 53 3100 and a 72
Chevelle.  But I have
not tried this swap personally, nor do I know anyone who has.  The Versaille
rears are not a real
common item, having been scavenged by muscle car fanatics, but if you come
across one in the
boneyard, it might be worth a look.

Wally / Templeton, MA