Re: [oletrucks] Re: fiberglass fenders?

To: <JGWolford@aol.com>, "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Re: fiberglass fenders?
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 08:15:25 -0700
Unless the fender to step area is laminated around steel that area
eventually they will develop stress cracks.  I've seen this before.  You can
add an inner metal strip to take some of the load and maybe a brace from
higher up on the fender to come down and take some of the load off that
area.

Coating the fenders on the inside with a rubberized product "Rhino Liner or
similar" is recommended to reduce the star cracks caused from those rocks
kicked up by the tires.

I never thought those thick fenders would crack either but after my brother
in law had them installed he noticed cracks forming and the star cracks from
thrown rocks.  I don't recall the vendor of his fenders but bracing and
undercoating should help prevent the problem.

Joe Garcia
Yuba City, CA
1950 Chevy 1/2 ton

http://chevy1.freeservers.com/