[oletrucks] RE: Got it Going!

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] RE: Got it Going!
From: "Radicic, Gary" <RadicicG@osc.army.mil>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 06:43:42 -0500
Thanks all for the good ideas on starting up an ole engine that was sitting for
20 years.
This Sat I added some lub to the cylinders, cranked, added plugs..and she
grumbled and came to life!!  After the smoke from the oil burned off, it isn't
even fogging the mosquitoes.....and ran fairly smooth.  I ran it for a short
bit, drained and changed the oil and was able to restart!!

Apparently the rings were hanging since everything else was there (fuel, spark
and timing).

Still having a charging problem.  It does not charge. All wiring appears ok, but
will check the generator and regulator.  Any one trouble shoot a 6V system
lately?

Thanks again,
Gary Radicic
1950 Chev 3600