Re: [oletrucks] Concept LV Acrylic Urethane by PPG

To: "W&D" <haist@jps.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Concept LV Acrylic Urethane by PPG
From: "Joe Clark" <jclark1@utk.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 08:15:01 -0400
Whitney:
I've used Concept and I find the drying times to be fine.  Flash time
is about 10 minutes and dry to touch in an hour or so.  I color sand
after 24 hours.  Are you sure you're using the right reducer?
Sounds like you're using a reducer that's too slow for your
temperatures.  Concept is great paint and I use my garage for a
booth also.
Joe

On 11 Jun 00, at 20:35, W&D wrote:

> I just painted a set of rims with the subject product.
> This is single stage, 2 component product that produces and outstanding
> gloss.  The rims look great.  The problem is that the dry time is VERY SLOW.
> 8 hours to touch.  For us shade tree body guys that use the garage for a
> spray booth, a lot of air born crap can settle on the wet surface so I would
> hesitate to use on a large surface.
>
> My question is: do any of the other manufacturers have a similar product
> with a faster dry time?  Any suggestions?
>
> <><
> Whitney Haist
> Orinda, CA
> Chevy Trucks: 2-'46s & a '39