Re: [oletrucks] 1941 -1946 Huck Brakes

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 1941 -1946 Huck Brakes
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 17:43:30 -0700
Kevin, I found some of the huck clips by going around to brake stores and
old auto parts stores and showing the oldest guy in the place what I was
looking for.  You have to go to the stores run by the same guy for the last
40 or 50 years that are so dusty and cluttered with jumbled obsolete parts
that an inventory control manager would have  instant apoplexy .  Pep Boys
and that sort of clean, well lighted places will not be any use.

If the place is set up so that the further down toward the floor you go, the
further back in time you are, you know you're getting warm.  This is a
branch of Archaeology known as Autopaleontology.  Look for the 1940s-1950s
stratum near the bottom.

When you find the clips, buy every one of them the venerable proprietor will
sell you, whether you need them or not.  You will probably not get another
chance.

In a pinch, you can double up snap rings, but it isn't right.

Regards,

Grant S.
54 3100 (mostly all there)
54 3100 (mostly not there)