Re: [oletrucks] Truck Cover

To: "William M. Schickling" <wschick1@twcny.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Truck Cover
From: Tom <tfvjr@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 09:32:24 -0400
I got one of those cheap covers for my '55-2, only so I could store the truck at
my Dad's house while I was living in a 'Project-Unfriendly' neighborhood. My Dad
INSISTED I cover the 'eyesore' so he didn't have to see it in his way all the
time! Anyway, every time I moved the cover, I would get inCREDible static shocks
from it!!!! I ended up driving a rod into the soil at the back end of the truck
and I ran a wire from the rear bumper to the rod to ground the static charge!
Maybe a more expensive cover won't have the electrical properties that my cheap
cover had!  Otherwise, remember to ground IT before IT grounds YOU!
Tom Volpe
'55-2
Monroe, Ct.